The Reese Ranch is the pinnacle of a modern day western ranch. Scoring high marks in all of the desirable qualities sought after in today’s market. A low overhead cow/calf and/or yearling operation with multiple high-quality improvements. A 12,699+/- acre summer pasture creates many operating scenarios as well as containing some of the best elk hunting in the state. Additional hunting opportunities include mule deer and antelope, which are readily found throughout the ranch. The ranch is extremely well-watered by stock wells and reservoirs and is cross fenced into approximately 41 pastures, all of this along with the Sellers management practices allow the ranch to carry an estimated 1,438 cow/calf pairs. Functionality, efficiency and practicality are the hallmarks of this ranch. There are multiple sets of cattle working facilities constructed of heavy steel pipe located throughout the ranch which allows for ease of livestock management and grazing efficiency and creates flexibility for the owner’s rotational grazing plans. The ranch has been and continues to be meticulously cared for and the pride of ownership shows in all aspects of the ranch. Two nice homes, indoor roping arena/indoor calving facility, large heated shops. A complete turn-key cattle ranch and recreation property with a perfect balance of summer and winter country.
- Located in northestern Wyoming, southeast of Gillette Wyoming and southwest of Newcastle.
- Located in elk hunt area 123, deer hunt area 7 and antelope hunt area 7.
- Fenced into 41 separate pastures
- Over 40 permitted stock water sources
- Deadwood, South Dakota - 97 miles
- Rapid City, South Dakota - 130 miles
- Gillette, Wyoming - 69 miles
- Sheridan, Wyoming - 173 miles
- Casper, Wyoming - 172 miles
The ranch provides excellent hunting opportunities for elk, mule deer and antelope. The ranch is located in elk hunt unit 123, which currently has a trophy bull elk season every two years and a cow season every year.