The Popham Ranch consists of a total of 30,879 +/- acres, of which 17,091 +/- are deeded, located in the Thunder Basin National Grassland in Weston County, Wyoming and is comprised of rolling native grassland, cottonwood covered seasonal creek bottoms and 2,300 +/- acres of excellent elk hunting country. The ranch has exceptional improvements including two customs homes, a large set of Temple Grandin designed cattle working facilities and multiple shops and outbuildings. The ranch has been built and managed for functionality and has benefitted from good stewardship practices. The sellers estimated carrying capacity is 1,704 pairs.
- Located in northeastern Wyoming, southeast of Gillette Wyoming and southwest of Newcastle.
- Located in elk hunt area 123, antelope hunt unit 7 and deer hunt area 7.
- Fenced into 16 separate pastures
- Over 18 permitted water sources
- Deadwood, South Dakota - 97 miles
- Rapid City, South Dakota - 130 miles
- Gillette, Wyoming - 69 miles
- Sheridan, Wyoming -173 miles
- Casper, Wyoming -172 miles
The property provides excellent hunting opportunities for elk, mule deer and antelope. The ranch is located in elk hunt unit 123, which currently has a trophy bull elk season every two years and a cow elk season every year.