The iconic Grizzly Ranch is located between Walden and Steamboat Springs, CO, in what's commonly known as North Park, in Jackson County. Surrounded by the Park Range, Rabbit Ears Pass and the Never Summer Mountains, it is home to 4.5 miles of headwaters of the North Platte River below the confluence of 7 miles of Grizzly Creek and 5 miles of Little Grizzly Creek. The ranch is easily accessible year-round off of paved Highway 14 immediately southwest of Walden. Along with exceptional water rights, four year-round ponds of various sizes, and hay meadows and improvements including 6 homes, 33 livestock sheds, an events center/sale barn with 19,000 square feet, and 11,250 square foot calving barn, machine shops and corrals.
This trophy ranch, farm, and recreation property consists of 9,286 +/- deeded acres and 13,400 +/- BLM lease acres. There are approximately 4,749 irrigated acres with over 70 miles of irrigation ditches, 14 wells, and 16 miles of creek frontage producing 4,500 tons of grass hay. The Seller is currently running 950 cow/calf pairs and between 400 - 500 yearlings on the property.
In addition to the cattle operation and hay production, there are a variety of potential income opportunities on the property. The Sellers have benefitted from water sales, permitted gravel sales, and have hosted a variety of events in the exquisite improvements on the property.
North Park, Colorado is known as the "Moose Viewing Capital of Colorado" and moose can almost always be found along the 16 miles of live water and willows on the ranch. The resident elk herd, trophy antelope, mule deer, and exceptional fishing make this an incredible recreational resource as well as a balanced high-altitude cattle operation.
The improvements are located in three different locations on the ranch and consist of:
- Events Center/Sale Barn - 19,000 square foot, 2-Story Morton Building built in 2005 with 6 bedrooms and a commercial kitchen
- Calving Barn with Apartment - 11,250 square foot Morton Building built in 2003
- Shop Building - 9,000 square foot Morton Building built in 2003
- Livestock Working Facility - 6,400 square foot Morton Building built in 2003
- Equipment Building - 4,000 square foot steel frame building
- Machine and Equipment Shed - 2,800 square foot Morton Building built in 2003
- 13 Livestock Sheds - 864 square feet each, Morton Buildings built in 2003
- 20 Livestock Sheds - 288 square feet each, Morton Buildings built in 2003
- Corrals - Welded steel pipe construction, 1,500+ head capacity built in 2003 with stadium lighting, concrete feed bunks, and automatic heated watering systems
- Managers Residence - 2,632 square foot home, remodeled in 2003 with 896 square foot garage
- 2 Guest Houses - 3,136 square feet each with 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garages and finished basements built in 2004
- 3 Residence Houses of 3,806 square feet, 2,146 square feet, and 1,976 square feet
The Grizzly Ranch is easily accessed year-round and is only one hour from Steamboat (48 miles), two and a half hours from Fort Collins (110 miles), and three hours from Denver (154 miles). Commercial air service is available in Hayden, CO only an hour and a half from the property (73 miles).
Additional Property Photos: View Dropbox Folder